31.8 C
New Delhi
Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Section 144 Imposed in Noida Prior to Festivals, Lok Sabha Polls: Comprehensive List of Restrictions

Must read

Noida: With security concerns in mind, the Gautam Buddh Nagar police have announced the imposition of Section 144 in Noida and Greater Noida until April 26. These measures are enacted ahead of upcoming festivals and the Lok Sabha elections.

According to Gautam Buddh Nagar police, the enforcement of Section 144 is prompted by the approaching festivals such as Chaitra Nav Ratri, Eid, Ambedkar Jayanti, and Ramnavmi. Additionally, planned protests and the concurrent Lok Sabha election further necessitate these restrictions.

The Gautam Buddh Nagar police emphasized the importance of preventing any disruptive activities that could potentially create an unfavorable atmosphere.

“In light of the gravity and immediacy of the situation, and due to time constraints, it is not feasible to afford a hearing opportunity to any other party. Hence, this order is being passed ex-parte,” stated Additional DCP (law and order) Hirdesh Katheriya in the order, enforcing restrictions under CrPC Section 144 from April 3 to 26.

Section 144: Detailed List of Restrictions

1 . Unlawful assembly of five or more people is prohibited.
2 . Unauthorized processions or demonstrations are banned.
3 . Political or religious gatherings are not allowed.
4 . Use of private drones within a 1 km radius of government establishments is prohibited.
5 . Carrying of sticks, rods, tridents, swords, and firearms in public places is banned.
6 . Public observance of Namaz, pooja, or any religious processions is completely prohibited.
7 . Encouragement or attempts to conduct puja, namaz, or any religious activities at disputed sites where such practices are not prevalent is forbidden.
8 . Insulting each other’s religious scriptures is prohibited.
9 . Displaying religious flags, banners, or posters on religious places or walls is banned.
The police further clarified that in unavoidable circumstances, permission must be obtained from the police commissioner, additional commissioner of police, or deputy commissioner of police in the concerned zone.

- Advertisement -spot_img

More articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article